As part of the management of maintenance and other Request issues it is important to update the status of Requests as they are being progressed. Updating the status of Requests not only provides management with an understanding of where all current tasks are at any given moment in time but it also serves to update the building resident that raised the issue.
Updating the status of a Request
- Navigate to the Status field of a Request and select a new status from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the page and Click SAVE.
- When you make a status change to a Request it will make a record of this change in the Notes section at the bottom of the Request.
- When you click SAVE on a status change you will be prompted by a pop-up window.
- ‘Would you like to send a message to the request author’. Choose YES.
- Edit the body of the message and click SEND. The issue author will receive an instant message updating them of the status of the Request. Note that for some status changes there is a pre-prescribed body text, this can be edited or deleted as preferred.
Request Notes are found at the bottom of each Request. This allows the Property Manager to records any notes to the Request with a date and time stamp for each note added.
To create a Notes
- Enter the text in the ‘Management notes’ field
- Click ‘ADD A NOTE’
To edit or delete a Note
- Go to the note that you created and click ‘edit’ or ‘delete’
- To edit, remove the existing text and click SAVE.
- To delete, confirm by clicking ‘IM SURE’