Block Angel offers customisable workflow tools around Debtor management. This allows Property Managers to configure debt collection steps for each company under management, set time parameters between steps and add interest details to automate the debtor management process. Examples of the debt collection steps include:
1. Service charge demand reminder
2. Interest charge warning
3. Interest charge confirmation
4. Legal action warning
5. Confirmation of legal action
To set-up a debt workflow, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the new Debt workflow page in the admin section of Block Angel
- Select “Create default workflow” to create the 5 letters available once the initial service demand has been issued as normally (please see https://kb.blockangel.com/article/creating-invoices/)
- Once the letters are created, it is possible to make the following customisations for each step:
- Name of the letter
- Body text (displayed in the demand letter beneath the breakdown of service charges)
- Delay: This is the number of elapsed days before the PM will be prompted to move the debtor to the next step of the workflow.
- Interest can be charged at each step of the workflow. The interest charge percentage is configured in the Management Company settings, navigate to Companies in the Financial info tab scroll down to Payment Terms and Interest Rate.
- A workflow step can also be disabled by using the Step Enabled switch. If the step is disabled, debtors will automatically be moved to the next step of the debt workflow
- Once the Debt workflow is configured, navigate to the “Debtor Management” page in the Finance section of Block Angel.
This page will be populated by all units in the Management Company that have been issued a service charge demand letter and have an outstanding balance on their account.
- When a next step is due you will see a red counter on the Debtor Management section highlighting the number of units that are due to be sent a communication.
- Units that have a zero balance will be automatically identified as PAID and will not be included in the DEbt Management workflow.
- All units with a balance outstanding with be brought forward to the next workflow step unless they are set to either PAYING or HOLD.
- To set a Unit to PAYING or HOLD click the on the Unit number. You can view the payment details on the Unit by looking at the payment history in the Payment Demands tab. Navigate to the Unit info and select the drop down status, set to OPEN, PAYING or HOLD.
- When you are happy that all Units that are either paying or are on hold have been set you can run the next step of the debt workflow. Select all units and click on Run next step.
- To move all units or specific units to the next stage of the workflow, multi-select the units and click “Run next step”:
- This action first asks the PM to confirm the movement of units providing a summary e.g. 40 units will move from “Service charge demand” to “Service charge reminder”.
- On the next step of the wizard, PMs can choose to send letters by email to owners with a valid email address and provides the option to download the letters to send by post.
- PMs can also choose if they would like the letter to include the MA logo, this option is provided to allow for the use of headed paper.
- “Send emails and download letters” to complete moving the selected debtors to the next step of the workflow.
- It is also possible to resend letters but not escalate to the next step of the workflow:
- Multi-select all or some of the units
- Click “Send letters”
- This opens the same download / email / logo options for the letters as above